YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IN SOUTH AFRICA
This training is completed in one module and is an ideal training environment as full yogic lifestyle and practice becomes ones way of living for 21 days creating a new habit. Food and accommodation are included in your training program.
Pathways Academy of Life – Yoga Teachers Training Certification is a Curriculum in the Ancient Art Of Yoga, its tradition, psychology and philosophy. It teaches one how to integrate the age old teachings and modern day life, into a way of being, bringing balance and fulfillment to life. It is non-denominational and open to all. Traditional Yoga Teachers Training was done with small groups to ensure personalized attention and allow people to be in a save space while learning and processing. This tradition lives on at Pathways Country Yoga Retreat.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Those that wish to transform their life, awaken and merge with their soul, deepen their knowledge and experience of Yoga, heal themselves and others through the study, knowledge and wisdom of the Ancient Yoga Tradition and have a passion to share this experience.
AREA OF STUDY
- The meaning of Yoga
- A spiritual Life
- The science and philosophy of Yoga
- Anatomy of the physical body: Circulatory respiratory, digestive,
lymphatic, endocrine, nervous, muscular skeletal, immune and
genitor urinary systems etc.
- Anatomy of the non physical body: The chakras, nadis, kundalini,
aura, ida, pingala, sushumna
- The joint operation of the physical and non physical bodies
- Energy balancing – disease and pranic healing.
- Anatomical and physiological studies
- Understanding the role and operation of mind, body and
- The mind psychological studies Including, mind, mental states,
affect of yoga on the mind
- Asana (postures) benefits, contra-indication, healing, breathing
- Asana correction techniques, training & practice of asanas,
pranayama, kriya, mantra, and meditation
- Teaching techniques and methodology Including voice projection,
class planning, teacher qualities
- Techniques to develop and teach with intuition
- Principles of demonstration, observation, assistance, correcting,
- Pranayama including all breath techniques
- Yoga Nidra
- Meditation(Pratyahara, Dhyana, Dharana, Samadhi) Including
trataka, silence and 20 meditation practices
- Shatkarmas Purification
- Patanjali’s Eight Limbs of Yoga
- Sutras of Patanjali
- The paths of Yoga
- Mudras and Bhandas
- Mantra and Yantra
- Gunas and Tattvas
- Compassion, forgiveness and gratitude
- Facing challenges
- Ethics and lifestyle
- Diet and Auyrveda
- Self study and journaling
- Processing of Psychic Scars
- Getting started: class settings, goal setting
Pathway to Freedom – Meditation Course
Pathway to Freedom – Meditation Retreat Course trains individuals or groups wanting to transform their lives. It teaches the deeper spiritual understanding of yoga meditation. Through a disciplined practice over time we become aware of a shift in our ideals and principals. A yearning begins for a deeper understanding of our self and the answer to the age old questions of: Who am I? Where do I come from? What am I doing here? Where am I going to? A yearning is experienced from within to find purpose to our life and a way to fulfill that purpose. It is here we discover that we are limitless and through the full understanding and use of universal principals that we set our minds free and enter a life of freedom.