Code of Conduct – WYA
The Board of Directors of the World Yoga Alliance (WYA YOGA Community) has provided these ethical guidelines for all Certified and Registered Yoga Teachers (CYT and RTY). This Code of Conduct is a declaration of acceptable ethical and professional behavior by which all registrants agree to conduct the teaching and business of yoga.
All teachers must read and be familiar with the guidelines, which are applicable to all teachers who are members of our organisation.
- As a WYA yoga teacher, we respect our students and community members as an encourage diversity by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation.
- Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to WYA yoga teaching and business plan.
- Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment or harassment based on other legally protected characteristics and must respect the rights, dignity, and privacy of all students.
- We follow the principle of Yama-Niyam as describe in Yoga Sutra and all WYA Yoga teachers are committed to promoting the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual wellbeing of their students.
- follow the traditional yoga knowledge and style which is based on Body, mind and soul harmony. 50% is for physical and the other 50% is for mind development.
- WYA Yoga teachers must follow the meditation techniques as regular basis in daily life.
- To become successful yoga teacher WYA Teacher must follow the Shiva lineage.
I understand that World Yoga Alliance (WYA) may revoke my privileges as a Member Yoga Teacher or Yoga School in case of failure to uphold the standards set forth in the above Code of Conduct and policy. Prior to revoking my right to use a Trade Mark, World Yoga Alliance will provide me notice of the basis for the potential revocation and an opportunity to respond in writing. After review of the evidence, WYA office will issue a decision as to whether to revoke my credentials, based on its reasonable judgment of the evidence before it. I agree to hold World Yoga Alliance harmless for any losses or damage I may incur as a consequence of the revocation of my credentials.